Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Constantinos Maltezos <pandarsson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:08:54 -0600
On Sunday 25 January 2009 8:26:45 am Randall R Schulz wrote:
Try this:

Create or edit the file ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals

Look for or create a section that starts with [KDE] on a single line
by itself. Edit or add the following line:

SingleClick=false

That should do it.

I'd have probably gone for this had it turned up sooner. I looked at
that file just now, and unfortunately it seems it includes only those
settings that are not at default values. On my system at the moment
there are only 29 lines and 22 parameter settings in three sections
([Emoticons], [KDE] and [KFileDialog Settings]) in that file. That
makes it not at all "self-documenting".

Yeah, I had to do a grep and then less the file to find it myself. But I knew
it was there. Oddly enough, I leave mine at the default setting and it's
still there. Go figure.

Perhaps (if I get bored at some point) I'll go looking for a list of the
settings that are understood in that file and what they do and what
values they may hold.

I imagine that would be hard to find. If you *do* get bored, let me know and
I'll just send you my file.