Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:51:01 -0800
On Sunday January 25 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Sunday January 25 2009, G T Smith wrote:
Randall R Schulz wrote:
Perhaps I can revisit the old question to which I never got an
answer: What's the Gnome counterpart to the KDE4 control panel /
system settings / preferences? ...

Randall Schulz

Doesnt the gnome-appearance-properties application control this? At
least that is what is called when I need to change gnome settings
in Enlightenment.

Thanks.

That appears to reside in the gnome-appearance-properties package.
Installing it entails rather more dependencies than its KDE4
counterpart, but I'll risk it (FML...).

(I meant "FLW": Famous Last Words)

Well, the first time I run that program (in any single login session),
it starts with a warning alert about the gnome-settings-daemon not
running. However, it does seem to record my font configuration changes
in files in ~/.gconf, so I'm hoping this is enough to get what I want.

Randall Schulz