Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:41:04 +1100
Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009 11:44:53 schrieb Basil Chupin:

Sven Burmeister wrote:

Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009 03:58:02 schrieb Mike McMullin:

If you only use KDE3 applications, they should obey the KDE3 settings.
So what's the problem? If you want to use KDE4 and/or its apps, you
have to install it and it will obey the KDE4 settings.

As Randall noted, some KDE4 stuff is installed when only KDE3.5 is
selected as the desk top.

I know. Yet he could just install the kde3 apps after the installation
finished, if he did not want to use them. Am I wrong?

Yes, absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt you are wrong.

Read what you wrote: "Yet he could just install the kde3 apps *after*
the installation finished, if he did *not* want to use them." (my
emphasis).

The reread what Randall wrote in his OP.

You do realise though that there were more mails on this thread before that
post and that in one of them I gave him the answer to his OP and before he
wrote: "I didn't install KDE4. I don't want to install KDE4." Don't try too
hard, it will just make you fail.

Oh my aching backside.

You simply just don't get it do you?

I really do not give a tinker's cuss about , "that there were more mails
on this thread before that
post and that in one of them I gave him the answer to his OP and before
he wrote:".

Stop sidetracking the issue and respond to what the above is all about:

"Yet he could just install the kde3 apps *after* the installation
finished, if he did *not* want to use them."

is what you wrote.

The "kde3" apps were **already** installed, installed during the
installation of oS11.1 and therefore there was no need to install them
"*after* the installation was finished".

The OP clearly states that he installed *KDE3* - repeat, KDE3 - and not
KDE4 but you insist on stating that he should install "kde3 apps _after_
the installation finished".

But some KDE4 apps did also install without him selecting them for
installation. But these are KDE4 apps. Not KDE3 apps which were already
installed because this is what he wanted to install!

Here is what was plainly written in the first message in this thread by OP:

QUOTE

Hi,

Now that I'm running openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 3.5, I am also occasionally
running KDE 4.1 applications (all of which were installed without any
express request on my part, presumably as part of some dependency or
pattern). KDE 4.1 applications have their own file save dialogs and
these dialogs are defaulting to single-click navigation, which I
dislike.

How / where can I change this KDE 4.1 option?

UNQUOTE

Give it a rest.

Take a (long) vacation.

It would also be of interest to many of us what your association with
KDE/openSUSE/Novell is as you seem to be someone employed in one of the
PR department to throw doubt on the integrity of anyone questioning even
remotely the "virtues" of KDE4.

So, own up: what is your position in the scheme of things- a KDE zealot
or developer or a PR man?

Due to your history on this list and attitude,

Aha! "a history", and then there is an "attitude" no less!

Care to explain in detail what you just stated, or would you prefer to
hide behind the traditional escape mechanism that of the "Italian
suppository"?

to be polite,

I am also being polite.

I promised to not
feed you

A MOST interesting comment!

A comment worthy of being restated:

"I promised to not feed you."

WHO did you promise to "not feed [me]", hmmm?

Do me a big favour, humour me - and others - by answering the questions
I asked above.

. Just a hint: It's all in your head! Conspiracy, conspiracy!

Then why write, "I promised to not feed you."

I ask, who did you promise?

Or is the "I promised" thing all in YOUR mind? Just asking.....

Sven

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the