Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:44:53 +1100
Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009 03:58:02 schrieb Mike McMullin:

If you only use KDE3 applications, they should obey the KDE3 settings. So
what's the problem? If you want to use KDE4 and/or its apps, you have to
install it and it will obey the KDE4 settings.

As Randall noted, some KDE4 stuff is installed when only KDE3.5 is
selected as the desk top.

I know. Yet he could just install the kde3 apps after the installation
finished, if he did not want to use them. Am I wrong?

Yes, absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt you are wrong.

Read what you wrote: "Yet he could just install the kde3 apps *after*
the installation finished, if he did *not* want to use them." (my emphasis).

The reread what Randall wrote in his OP.

Give it a rest.

Take a (long) vacation.

It would also be of interest to many of us what your association with
KDE/openSUSE/Novell is as you seem to be someone employed in one of the
PR department to throw doubt on the integrity of anyone questioning even
remotely the "virtues" of KDE4.

So, own up: what is your position in the scheme of things- a KDE zealot
or developer or a PR man?

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the