Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:08:48 +0100
Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009 01:10:42 schrieb Felix Miata:
On 2009/01/24 07:25 (GMT-0800) Randall R Schulz composed:
Now that I'm running openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 3.5, I am also occasionally
running KDE 4.1 applications (all of which were installed without any
express request on my part, presumably as part of some dependency or
pattern). KDE 4.1 applications have their own file save dialogs and
these dialogs are defaulting to single-click navigation, which I
dislike.

How / where can I change this KDE 4.1 option?

To this point, I've read the whole thread through Sven's Sun, 25 Jan 2009
00:33:07 +0100 post. Upon reading all but the last two, I booted up the
only system I have here that has 100% KDE4, a Mandriva Cooker system last
updated 7 Oct 2008. I booted runlevel 3, deleted ~/.kde and ~/.kde4, then
did startx; konsole; systemsettings, and went to keyboard/mouse settings.
Its default was 2 clicks. I closed systemsettings and konsole and logged
out. Then I renamed ~/.kde and ~/.kde4 to ~/.kde-double and ~/.kde4-double,
then did startx; konsole; systemsettings, went to keyboard/mouse settings,
changed from 2 clicks to single, saved, closed systemsettings & Konsole,
logged out, and renamed~/.kde and ~/.kde4 to ~/.kde-single and
~/.kde4-single. Last I compared the contents of those renamed directory
trees.

Looks like if Cooker works like 11.1, the answer you want, as long as you
don't want to install enough of KDE4 to have a /usr/bin/systemsettings to
run, is to in ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals change from SingleClick=true
to SingleClick=false.

Please quote me, if I said anything different. If you do not want to use kde4
apps, you can install the kde3 apps, which he did not do, although he can do
it, as he said himself.

So, if you read http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2009-01/msg04032.html , I
gave him the answer you lined out in your email, i.e. you need systemsettings
to change the behaviour. So, in order to change it, you have to install kde4,
i.e. kdebase4. If you do not want to change it or do not want to use the apps,
you have to install the kde3 apps.

PS - I think Sven probably owes an apology to Randall about his responses
in this thread.

Sure, if you can quote me telling him that he wanted to install KDE4 apps or
in case he does not know how to install kde3 apps. None of which is true.

Sven