Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:10:42 -0500
On 2009/01/24 07:25 (GMT-0800) Randall R Schulz composed:

Now that I'm running openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 3.5, I am also occasionally
running KDE 4.1 applications (all of which were installed without any
express request on my part, presumably as part of some dependency or
pattern). KDE 4.1 applications have their own file save dialogs and
these dialogs are defaulting to single-click navigation, which I
dislike.

How / where can I change this KDE 4.1 option?

To this point, I've read the whole thread through Sven's Sun, 25 Jan 2009
00:33:07 +0100 post. Upon reading all but the last two, I booted up the only
system I have here that has 100% KDE4, a Mandriva Cooker system last updated
7 Oct 2008. I booted runlevel 3, deleted ~/.kde and ~/.kde4, then did startx;
konsole; systemsettings, and went to keyboard/mouse settings. Its default was
2 clicks. I closed systemsettings and konsole and logged out. Then I renamed
~/.kde and ~/.kde4 to ~/.kde-double and ~/.kde4-double, then did startx;
konsole; systemsettings, went to keyboard/mouse settings, changed from 2
clicks to single, saved, closed systemsettings & Konsole, logged out, and
renamed~/.kde and ~/.kde4 to ~/.kde-single and ~/.kde4-single. Last I
compared the contents of those renamed directory trees.

Looks like if Cooker works like 11.1, the answer you want, as long as you
don't want to install enough of KDE4 to have a /usr/bin/systemsettings to
run, is to in ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals change from SingleClick=true to
SingleClick=false.

PS - I think Sven probably owes an apology to Randall about his responses in
this thread.
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/