Re: [opensuse] Kde 4.2 panel is just not usable
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 13:30:56 +0100
You don't need to wipe the whole .kde4 directory.. just two files in there...

Stop KDE4, and remove:
~/.kde4/share/config/plasmarc
~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc

Then restart KDE4, and all will be back to defaults. Set things up
the way you like and it should not break anymore.

That's useful. I'll try that and see if it breaks when I add plasmoids
like battery monitor and rearrange for right-handedness.

You should also be able to use the mechanism to download and install
new Plasmoids now too (don't know if it was working on a
recent/previous release). I was able to add a bunch of new
Plasmoids/widget and they all work.. woohoo.. progress :-)

Oh, the device notifier has stopped working too. Do you have a fix for
that short of nuking ~/.kde4 again?

No idea on that one. Mine is working fine... just tested here on
4.1.96 and no issues with connecting devices.

C.