Re: [opensuse] Re: Problem with popping in audio and stuttering graphics...
  • From: Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:54:25 -0800 (PST)
so you do not want use mplayer for the tv stream? but i guess you could blame
the AMD processor. I have nvidia & tv tuner card on this intel quad machine &
it is around 30% with glxgears & other processes.

it's now easy to compile a kernel:
http://www.linuxforums.org/desktop/the_newbies_guide_to_compiling_your_first_kernel.html

before GRUB got popular, we used to copy built kernel & edit files manually.

i recompiled this kernel last night: uname -a
Linux gbint 2.6.27.7-9-pae #1 SMP Fri Jan 16 22:02:30 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux & i want to do it again for nvidia.