Re: [opensuse] Kde 4.2 panel is just not usable
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:53:39 -0500
Wendell Nichols said the following on 01/17/2009 10:51 AM:
I have problems with my panel "acting up".
[snip]

Well my desktop's been useless for nearly an hour (and I'm working for
free on a Saturday ) so I gave up and deleted ~/.kde ~/.kde4 and
~/.kderc (from the text console) and logged in to find the default panel
restored. I will refrain from making any adjustments to this thing
because it's just not made for humans!

All the things you describe sound like what happened to me when I first
installed 11.1/KDE4.1.3 and later wiped my system and reinstalled to get
around a whole pile of niggly problems with booting and with device
notification.

I posted about this but there were no replies. I thought it was "just
me" and a configuration error, but it seems not :-/

I tried wiping ~/.kde4 as well and that fixed it ... for a short while.
As you say, if you make any change to the panel you are fubbed.

--
Superstitions typically involve seeing order where in fact there is
none, and denial amounts to rejecting evidence of regularities,