Re: [opensuse] Kde 4.2 panel is just not usable
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:37:46 +0100
I have problems with my panel "acting up". I've only been using a 4.2
desktop for a little while so I tend to play with the settings and meybe
I did this to myself somehow... but it shoudn't be possible:

All the things you describe sound like the what happened to me after
updating to the latest 4.2 Beta builds from the Factory repository.
There were a lot of things that changed in the config and you really
need to clear out the old settings and start fresh after the update to
the latest Beta file (ie the old 4.1.x config file does not play nice
with the 4.2 Beta config requirements).

You don't need to wipe the whole .kde4 directory.. just two files in there...

Stop KDE4, and remove:
~/.kde4/share/config/plasmarc
~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc

Then restart KDE4, and all will be back to defaults. Set things up
the way you like and it should not break anymore.

C.