Re: [opensuse] Microsoft TTF fonts and 11.1
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 01:49:51 +0100
On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 01:20:31AM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Friday, 2009-01-16 at 11:58 -0500, Mike McMullin wrote:

Well, that's precisely what they are complaining about!

The package is automatically selected to be installed, and they do not
want it, because it install Microsoft "things".

Not _is_ Carlos, _was_ installed originally, waiting for the update to
be made available, now the script _is_ available to get the fonts
installed. Sorry about the semantics argument, but I just want to make
my point clear. Have anyone who has not done the update to uninstall it
in YaST.

No, my 11.1 doesn't have it installed:

NOT_nimrodel:~ # rpm -q fetchmsttfonts
package fetchmsttfonts is not installed

I fully understand that if I had it installed, YOU would update it. AFAIK,
these people claim they did not have it installed; the problem is that the
people complaining about this, do so after running YOU and installing or
reinstalling it, and thus, too late to do checks, and thus, I can not
verify this behaviour.

It might be that some pattern when they installed the system, or some
dependency, installed the rpm, but the script failed and the fonts were
not really installed: thus they could not see the fonts.

But now YOU would update the broken rpm, run the script, and sucessfully
downloads the fonts.

This would explain what is hapening.

I think:
The pullin-msttf-fonts "Recommends: fetchmsttfonts" and some package operations
will pull it in additionaly.

That the EULA display and query does not work is a bug though.

Ciao, Marcus