Re: [opensuse] Does openSUSE 11.1 support Intel ICH9R as an AHCI out-of-the-box
  • From: Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:07:44 -0800 (PST)
Ok thanks: I did dmraid -ay

then

ls /dev/mapper/

control isw_dihgfaif_Volume0_part1 isw_dihgfaif_Volume1p1_part3
isw_dihgfaif_Volume0 isw_dihgfaif_Volume1 isw_dihgfaif_Volume1_part1
isw_dihgfaif_Volume0p1 isw_dihgfaif_Volume1p1

now, how can I add volumes into initrd, /etc/fstab and GRUB so opensuse will
detect RAID when the system is booting?

I saw these 2 howtos:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/DPT-Hardware-RAID-HOWTO/ and this:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Software-RAID-HOWTO/ WHICH ONE SHOUL I
USE? this's the first time I'm using raid other than "mdadm" with opensuse.

I did: "man dmraid" but not sure what? I also saw this site:
http://www.linuxmanpages.com/man8/dmraid.8.php

also, now if I start partitioner, I see the Device Mapper RAIDs.

Thanks