[opensuse] Does openSUSE 11.1 support Intel ICH9R as an AHCI out-of-the-box
  • From: Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:30:20 -0800 (PST)
I have an IntelĀ® Matrix Storage ICH9R setup as RAID but openSUSE doesn't like
it and always shows disks as non-RAID sata. So I'm thinking of dismantling the
RAID to switch to AHCI in the BIOS.

I loaded Linux AHCI driver from JMicron (I have ahci JMicron controller too) so
I wasn't sure if ICH9R was also using the same driver.

Before I do that, the big question is: does openSUSE 11.1 provide ahci driver
out-of-the-box or is there a Linux ahci floppy driver download?

This system won't boot as usual because GRUB goes with the BIOS (ICH9R is
RAID), but openSUSE sees all disks as individual sata.

Some one who knows or has an experience, please let me know. This's a new
machine & the first time I put Linux.