Re: [opensuse] Workspaces X Wallpapers (KDE4)
  • From: "Amedee Van Gasse" <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:14:18 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, January 8, 2009 06:06, Fred A. Miller wrote:
Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
On Tue, January 6, 2009 21:31, James Knott wrote:
Milho wrote:
Hi there...

Does anyone knows how to choose different wallpapers in KDE4? I use 4
workspaces (as default), but I can't find the option to select
individual wallpapers like I used to do in KDE3.5...
I could be mistaken, but I think that's been removed. It's one of the
"improvements" in KDE 4.

Really?
Please explain the screenshot in attachment.
4 desktops, zoomed out, 4 different wallpapers.

NO, you explain it! I have the latest updates (KDE 4.2 beta) and I can't
set diff. wallpapers.

There is no need to shout.
Go to desktop 1, RMB, set wallpaper.
Go to desktop 2, RMB, set wallpaper.
Lather. Rince. Repeat.

Sorry, can't give you the very last details of the procedure because I'm
at work now. You'll have to wait until tonight.

I do find it annoying that I cannot set the different wallpapers in one
screen. It's really cluncky, there is room for improvement.
But I understand that KDE 4.0 and 4.1 are dev versions for advanced users
only, and I don't use multiple desktops a lot, so I'm not complaining. I'm
sure the KDE devs will make it work in 4.2.

--
Amedee