Re: [opensuse] Is 11.1 and kde3 really that broken??
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 08:14:20 -0800
On Tuesday 06 January 2009 08:04, auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Tuesday 06 January 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
Is it the combination of all three? 11.1 + ReiserFS + Beagle? Or is
it just 11.1 and Reiser?

It's definitely a kernel bug, it's triggered easily using beagle on
reiserfs.

OK. That's not the worst thing, since I don't intend to install Beagle
(I've been happy with Google Desktop, and supposedly there's a CLI
interface in the offing!), but I'm still uneasy about kernel / FS
crashing bugs of any sort. On the other hand, I'd prefer ReiserFS
performance.

Maybe I should go with XFS. It's served me very well since SuSE
Linux ... what? 7? 8?? I can't remember any more. I remember once upon
a time having to write an XFS driver to a floppy to get through the
first stage of installation 'cause the main installer got shipped with
a buggy XFS driver (or maybe missing the XFS driver entirely? It was a
long time ago...).

Regards,
Peter

Randall Schulz