Re: [opensuse] WARNING: If you are using xine for your (digital) TV....
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 13:09:19 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday, 2009-01-06 at 22:28 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

G T Smith wrote:

I would have thought it good practice to to do a backup before applying
any update at any time, one of the reasons I will not touch any form of
automatic update procedure...

There are 2 directories I always backup before any upgrades/updates are
allowed and they are ~/.thunderbird and .mozilla.

In all the years of using SuSE I have never found it necessary to backup
anything (except for above and also see further) before upgrades but now

You simply have been lucky so far.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.