Re: [opensuse] Another IMPORTANT thing missing in KDE 4.1!
  • From: "Larry Stotler" <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:04:55 -0500
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Are they going to "fix" this so that you can just move them around
like in KDE3? Seems like an unncessary step IMO.

I hope not

I haven't used kde3 in quite some time now, but as I recall, you have to find
the small little tiny arrow next to the icon, click it, select "move" from the
popup menu, and then you can move it around.

Actually, you can just click/hold and move them. If you drag the
vertical seperator over to give you room, you can move them around as
you see fit. Nice and easy.

I prefer the kde4 method. Once in "panel settings", you can move all the icons
around without additional steps, and there are no problems in finding
miniscule arrows (very hard for people who are unaccustomed to precise mouse
manoeuvres)

Right-click->panel settings && move the icon && click somewhere else => done

It's not that much extra work, if any at all. And if you want to move more
than one icon around, it's less work.

Several extra steps, and more work overall. One more small thing that
makes KDE4 less useful than KDE3. Oh well.