Re: [opensuse] Online update
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 01:31:25 +0000
On 16/02/2008, Peter Bradley <p.bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've just installed openSUSE 10.3 and I have a problem with the updater.
Every time I log in, it tells me that there are security fixes to
install, but then when I try to install them I get the following error:

"Problem donloading the package file from the repository. Curl error
for

'http://download.opensuse.org/update/10.3/rpm/x86_64/java-1_5_0-1.5.0_update14.0.1.x86_64.rpm'
Error code: Unrecognized error. Error message: transfer closed with
15736413 bytes remaining to read.
Please see above error message for a hint"

Sorry if this has been raised before. I couldn't see anything on a quick
scan.

I've had similar error messages on other packages as well, but retrying
has sorted most of the others out (though I'm still stuck on trying to
install some things e.g. Eclipse).

Is there a fix for this?

download.opensuse.org is currently down, try again later or use a
mirror. See en.opensuse.org/Mirrors

--
Benjamin Weber