Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 and the Non-ready KDE4
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:43:27 -0500
James R Thompson wrote:
Have you ever thought that they are trying to make it so anyone can use it
not just us geeks? Most people I know just know how to turn on the
computer. I've use KDE 4 and I like what I see, but it still needs plenty
of work.

And what about the experienced user, who finds such things continually getting in the way? I'm not against such "help" for new, just make it possible to turn the damn thing off. This is one of the reasons I don't care for Windows. There are simply too many things that get in the way of someone who knows what they're doing?

Bottom line, if KDE 4 treats me like an idiot and I can't disable that "feature", I won't be using it.