Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 and the Non-ready KDE4
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 05:29:13 -0800
On Monday 11 February 2008 03:10:26 am Alexey Eremenko wrote:
Hi all !

Just installed openSUSE 11.0, with a KDE 4 desktop, and I can say that
it is not ready.

Not only it is full of bugs and crashes, but it is also lacks
features.

Meh - how many crashes did it have for you? It looks pretty, but not very
usable. :P

Very likely, that KDE 4 will not be ready for openSUSE 11.0
final.

I dunno - Jolt Cola can do wonders to an Operating System...

It is highly unlikely that even KDE 4.1 will be stable-enough and
feature complete for day-to-day usage.

No - we're gonna have to wait for KDE 5.0, as it will be an odd-numbered
version.

Please provide an option to choose KDE3 desktop during setup.
Otherwise all KDE users will be in big trouble with openSUSE 11.

I doubt they'd release a buggy 4.0 on a major distribution point version such
as 11.0.