Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 and the Non-ready KDE4
  • From: "M9." <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:26:42 +0100

Alexey Eremenko schreef:
| Hi all !
|
| Just installed openSUSE 11.0, with a KDE 4 desktop, and I can say that
| it is not ready.
|
| Not only it is full of bugs and crashes, but it is also lacks
| features. Very likely, that KDE 4 will not be ready for openSUSE 11.0
| final.
| It is highly unlikely that even KDE 4.1 will be stable-enough and
| feature complete for day-to-day usage.

I fully agree to this...
Simple right-click options like 'pack', lack..
It looks much better, but it is far from 'ready'.

| Please provide an option to choose KDE3 desktop during setup.
| Otherwise all KDE users will be in big trouble with openSUSE 11.

Big trouble is an option, as the special effects are indeed very
special: total black desktop, with *no* options left...
There is no possibility to undo that change..
I have to reinstall, to continue testing.. ;-)

- --

Have a nice day,

M9. Now, is the only time that exists.

~ OS: Linux 2.6.24-3-default x86_64
~ Huidige gebruiker: monkey9@AMD64x2-sfn1
~ Systeem: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha2
~ KDE: 3.5.8 "release 39"