Re: [SLE] SPAM: unsubscribe
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:26:49 -0400
On Monday 17 July 2006 3:56 pm, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've tried that in the past only to get rude messages that my email
> address has been turned over to some sort of spam police .
> I repeat my call for a minimal reading comprehension test as part of
> activation of accounts.
I would request, that when people send unsubscribe messages to the list,
that we try to answer that person so the he or she can get off the list,
and also it might be better to answer off list.

I run a server with 30 listservs running mailman that sends out a monthly
reminder complete with instructions on how to unsubscribe, and yet I (as
mailman-owner) still get requests to unsubscribe. My response is a canned
response. Since I don't run many of the individual lists, I refer them to
the list owner if they have trouble.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group