Re: [SLE] SPAM: unsubscribe
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:21:49 +0200
On Wednesday 19 July 2006 00:09, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 July 2006 17:59, Anders Johansson wrote:
> > > Or some other criteria - list
> > > member + low spam score?
> >
> > forget the "list member" since that will always be true. Without actually
> > asking Henne how it's set up, I'd guess it allows through borderline
> > scores
>
> Yeh but....... if they don't check for list members then how does all
> that spam get into the archives? And I think all of the archive emails
> that are true spam also include the *SPAM in the subject line.
>
> Sounds like they should just toss anything that is not from a list member.

They do. The problem is that there is a bug in the list manager used that
allows people to inject things directly into the archive, bypassing the
members check. There is no risk it will be sent through to subscribers, but
archive readers can see them

I think this has been taken care of in the new list manager being set up on
opensuse.org

--
Ut supra post festum sunt obscura