Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:04:39 -0400
* Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx> [04-29-06 09:39]:
> (As I typed this, the damn spell-checker in this Firefox picked up my
> faulty spelling of "civilised" which it wants to turn into an
> abomination by spelling it "civilized". Sigh.)

BUT... Firefox is undoubtedly using the spell-checker installed on your
system, aspell and/or ispell, which both change civilised to 'z' on my
system. And both allow you to 'personalize' the dictionary or use
other dictionaries.

note: aluminium is suggested to be aluminum
and catalogue is *not* found