Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Mike <kenziem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 20:44:39 -0400
On Saturday 29 April 2006 7:51 am, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> > Not to mention all the engineers in the 21th century who have to
> > have to revert to 18th century measurement "standards" when they try
> > to speak with their US collegues.
>
> What standards ?
> Like mile & feet to meters & kilometers ?

don't forget fathoms, chains and drams

When I worked in Alaska we measured the fish in metric but recorded weight in
pounds, since we supplied the measuring sticks.

And now they sell butter in 454g blocks, and pop in 355ml cans. Rather than
adopt the metric size they just relabeled the old packaging.

People complained about gas being confusing but most people I know either buy
a tank full, or $20 worth.

< Previous Next >