Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: elefino <kevinmcl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:47:38 -0400
On Sunday 30 April 2006 02:34, Basil Chupin wrote:

[...]
> > Welllll....... Here in the US we've been selling our wine and whiskey
> > in liters for quite some time now, and that's certainly more important
> > than gasoline or oil.
> >
> > Bob S.
>
> <Sigh>
>
> Now there is another thing.... "liters" instead of (in proper English)
> "litres" and "center" instead of (in proper English) "centre".

Um, that'd be the proper _French_ spelled approximately as she is
pronounced, no?

Unless, perhaps, you are saying that your proper h'english pronunciation
is LIT-rez?

At least "liter" has a chance of sounding a bit like "LEE-turs", which is
how most English(like) speakers actually pronounce it.

Oh, wait... I forgot. Y'all would be the folks who pronounce something
"chumley" and then spell it Chalmonderleigh or some such.

:-)
Kevin (Ottawa, Canada)