Re: [SLE] Is 9.2 the last version of SUSE Pro we are going to see?
  • From: Vince Littler <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:49:56 +0000
On Sunday 26 December 2004 10:23 am, peter Nikolic wrote:
> On Sunday 26 Dec 2004 08:15, Andrew Betts wrote:
> > SUSE Linux Professional seems to have disappeared from the Novell site
> > as a product. Does this mean support is going to disappear soon?
> > Should I, as a desktop user, start using Novell Linux Desktop?
> >

> It has not disappeared it is just the web site to be polite about it is a
> load of used toilet paper in fact worse more like the richard the thirds
> themselfs .

Somebody expresses a doubt about Novell's commitment to SuSE Linux, based with
reason on the appearance of Novell's site.

Pete provides some reassurance about SuSE, expressing himself in a
non-literary[*] form of English [despite referring to Richard III], making
reference to extrusions resulting from bodily function. Perceptions about the
Novell site, however are quite justified. [*That's 'non literary', not
'illiterate']

Pete is not fully understood by whole list population with English as 2nd
language and by half the population with a English as a first language,
although anybody who did not fully understand it, surely understood that he
did not think Novell's web presentation of SuSE was very good.

40 posts then follow, with escalating criticism to a flame war, several
plonkings, a list registration of a flaming nym and a TOTALLY unwarranted web
outing of a list member [who contributed to the escalation].

Loss: A previously good thread, demonstrating that people are not getting a
good experience of the access to SuSE from www.novell.com. What a juvenile
waste of bandwidth which makes Novell's 'enthusuiast' market sector look like
a load of toothpaste squeezers who are well worthy of dropping from Novell's
business plan.

Think! Please?

< Previous Next >