Xorg 6.8.1 & the query command
  • From: Adolph & Sharon Weidanz <timeto.paws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:40:56 -0400

Hey all..

I posted this in suse-xfree86 and didn't get an answer so I'll try here.
I am running an extremely updated suse 9.1.
I do not know if this is specific to xorg, because I just learned about
it after the switch...

here's what's happening.. While at school, on my laptop using wireless.
I did a 'X :2 -query XXX.XXX.usf.edu'
It came up with the solaras login with no problems.

At home on my wireless network (W/ linksys router) I do the same thing
and get just a x windows gray screen and it goes off to never never land.

I friend of mine says he had the same problem, but when he connected his
laptop directly to his cable connection it worked.. Any ideas .. If
needed let me know what log/config parts to send and I will..

Thanks..

- --
Adolph & Sharon Weidanz
'78 43' Endeavour Ketch