Re: 9.0 and nVidia
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:36:11 +0000
In a previous message, "Art Fore" <afore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 29 October 2003 7:18 pm, Art Fore wrote:
> > > I am running 1920X1600 resolution.
> > WOW ! You must have really good eyes <VBG> What size is your monitor??
> >
> It is a 15.4 inch LCD display on a laptop.

So what's the point in running such a huge resolution? The LCD won't be
working in anything over 1200x1024, and more likely 1024x768. If you drive an
LCD at over its physical resolution, you lose clarity. On a CRT, you can do it
because there is no 1:1 correlation between pixels and screen dots, but even
there you hit clarity limits because of the physical screen resolution.

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fun : Strategy : Price