Re: [SLE] 9.0 and nVidia
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:56:07 -0500
On Thursday 30 October 2003 7:36 am, Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:
> * Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Oct 30. 2003
13:31]:
> > When it comes to having a 3D card capable of viewing large seismic
> > volumes under Linux , nvidia is the only card that delivers.
> > And it also does support stereo.
> > see http://www.fugro-jason.com/workflow/wf_bc_frame.html
> >
> > We've tested a bunch of other cards (inclduing the wildcats with
> > custom Xserver) and none of them come close for our purposes.
>
> And if people want to use NVidia with 2.6: http://minion.de
Mads,
I haven't had time to look thru everything ( busy installing 9.0 , which
seems pretty spiffy here , so far anyway <G>) Is it true that 2.6 is
only available on the DVD ?? I have the pro package ...
FWIW guys, it's running pretty quick on an old ( and I mean OLD!!)
"E-machine" a realy *basic* box!

I now return the thread to whomever owns it <G>