Re: [opensuse-wiki] New wiki host: Final preparations
  • From: Rupert Horstkötter <rhorstkoetter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:50:39 +0100
Rajko,

2009/12/18 Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thursday 17 December 2009 07:53:41 Rupert Horstkötter wrote:
Henne,

2009/12/17 Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
For weekly news the released content
should be in the main namespace and all the other stuff should be in the
project namespace (openSUSE:Teams/WeeklyNews).

Released content of the OWN in the main namespace could generate
problems with the FlaggedRevs QA and the RSS feed to the wiki forums
.. only end-user interesting distro documentation should end up in
there.

Right.

FlaggedRevs can be enabled or disabled by namespace, that means it should be
enabled only for namespace with actual content that should be checked.
Allowing mixed content it the same namespace:
- will allow articles with Unreviewed tag all over the place creating
appearance of mess,
- it will diminish effectiveness of reviewer tools.

+1, thanks for pointing that out again.

***
We still have no clear idea about tools that are installed, and how to
incorporate those tools in our proposals about wiki structure.
Even worse, we discuss namespaces without actually understanding what they are
in context of MediaWiki.

We can't have Portal namespace in Main mane space. MediaWiki doesn't have
nested namespaces.

IMHO, we have to take time and learn a bit about tools.
For that we have to create list of articles that go in a new wiki and using
them as test object analyze what we have to create. Such list we need for
actual transfer, so it is not wasted time, it is a part of the process.

I second this. We'll anyway get started with Articles Transition as
described at http://en.opensuse.org/Transition_Guidelines#Articles_Transition
and thus it's part of the process. Btw, do we have that separate
"playground wiki" now (not wiki.o.o)? If so, we can also utilize that
one for testing purposes. May you please take the lead in the
tool-reviewing and keep seniors in sync here Rajko? That said, we
certainly still need to concentrate on not to lose too much time at
this point - the wiki transition to wiki.o.o should get started asap.

Ad hoc discussion as current about namespaces have potential to break a plan
of a clean structure before we actually start implementation.

+1. Please take the lead in bringing this to a good shape. Would be
much appreciated!

Thanks,

Regards Rajko,

openSUSE Wiki Team: http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team