Re: [opensuse-wiki] New wiki host: Final preparations
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 23:34:36 -0600
On Wednesday 16 December 2009 04:57:49 Henne Vogelsang wrote:

We should start with the namespaces i mentioned in the structure we
talked about. So Portal, SDB, Project, Meta, 11.0, 11.1 and the other
usual suspects (User, File and so on). And these should be removed:
Help, FAQ, howto, openSUSE, Type, Concept.

Project namespace is named by the name of project, in our case it is openSUSE.

Help is usually meta help around MediaWiki software, local writing guidelines
deletion policy and similar help content that is of no interest to normal
visitors.

It would be nice to split openSUSE project meta information and Help for
editor and authors that currently is in openSUSE namespace, which is
unfortunate consequence of the fact that no one read
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Namespaces before acting. That means
Help might be needed.

Type, Concept and Property are not defaults. That is added by Semantic
MediaWiki extension, so I would learn more before rush them out of sight.

In all discussions no one mentioned what we are going to do with other
purposes that wiki is currently used for: Ambassador program, Artwork, Weekly
news, etc.

--
Regards Rajko,