Re: [opensuse-wiki] New wiki host: Final preparations
  • From: Javier Llorente <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:12:58 +0100
On Wednesday 16 December 2009 05:36:15 Rajko M. wrote:

[...]
2. Home page:
-----------------
Do you want to keep the right column or should I remove it?
How should the wiki homepage be named?

We may use "Welcome to openSUSE wiki" as "Welcome to openSUSE.org" is a bit
ambitious. Once when wiki was the center point of openSUSE.org current was
OK, but now we should limit the scope of welcome message.

I would name it "Welcome" instead of "Welcome to openSUSE wiki" (it's a bit
long in my opinion).

[...]
4. FlaggedRevs
------------------

Configuration:
Rajko, any hints/input from your side is welcome.

We can go the same way as:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:FlaggedRevs_Extension
show settings and decide which to change.

We need due to ICS login:
'email' => false, # user must be emailconfirmed?
'uniqueIPAddress' => false, # If $wgPutIPinRC is true, users sharing IPs
won't be promoted

Although, it is questionable do we need autopromote functionality at all.
So, far I can understand what I see on recent changes it is enabled by
default in a new Mediawiki version.

When we see the new wiki running we can discuss:
wgFlaggedRevTabs = false; // add stable/draft revision tabs
$wgFlaggedRevComments = true; // can users make comments that will show up
below flagged revisions?

CSS:
I will try to adapt the CSS to our skin.

The FlaggedRev tools and icons are currently not present, which I can see
on my locally installed wiki as it uses the current openSUSE skin.

The InputBox is fine as far as I checked it.

The rest I had no time to check.

User Rights:
Who should have which permissions in FlaggedRevs? Please see
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FlaggedRevs#User_rights

Maybe this is the answer (from Wikibooks settings).
// So that administrators/bureaucrats have same permissions as editors by
default
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['review'] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['autoreview'] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['autoconfirmed'] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['patrolmarks'] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['autopatrolother'] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['unreviewedpages'] = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['validate'] = true;

or, like with autopromote, just manually give appropriate rights.

Maybe we could give rights to those who have already contributed many good
articles.

[...]

Greetings,
Javier