Re: [opensuse-translation] The state of translations
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 00:08:25 +0200
Hi Javier,

Excuse me for the late answer.
It was difficult to write emails with my laptop in the last days (private
reasons with outside activities).

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. Juni 2019 um 21:50 Uhr
Von: "Javier Llorente" <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [opensuse-translation] The state of translations

Hello team mates,

Unfortunately, the Spanish translations haven't been updated since a long
time. Last update request dates back to January 2019.
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2019-01/msg00004.html

We have been receiving updates for openSUSE Leap 15.1 since January 2019.
Were you able to translate that all? Or what has been missing?

Futhermore, there have been no news from the SLE side regarding any kind of
cooperation with the community (last email is from November 2018). It all
started with a translator who overwrote some translated and proofread
strings back in June 2018.
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2018-06/msg00000.html
E.g. https://paste.opensuse.org/view//96282138

I, as a translator, would like to see some changes regarding this situation
(and in a timely manner, if possible).

SLE Translations are in Microfocus hands at the moment and the Project Manager
is organizing the handover for the beginning of the next year. I had a meeting
before the openSUSE Conference.
I told him what we prefer in communication and where I can see improvements in
the future.

He is reading this mailing list, too. He can add your ideas for communication
processes between SLE and the community.
I told him about "old" email addresses and the request for updated email
addresses to achieve such problem translators (if they are SLE translators).

What is another idea for improvements by you? It is difficult to receive new
translators in the community if we limit the access to Weblate for only special
translators.

Best regards,
Sarah
Regards,