Re: [opensuse-translation] Steps for creating Spanish variants?
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 09:47:59 +0200
Hi

Dne Pá 4. září 2015 21:59:55, Javier Llorente napsal(a):
The Spanish translation team has decided* to split the translations
into two variants:

- Castilian Spanish: es_ES (decided). I think we could start with this
one.
- Latin American Spanish: es_LAT or a specific one, such es_AR (to be
decided by them).

My knowledge of Spanish is not great, but I'm learning Castilian variant and
in every South American country I experienced little bit different language.
Of course, I don't know how big differences are related to IT. It seems to me
that variability between any two South American Spanish-speaking countries is
of comparable degree of magnitude as between Spain and any South American
Spanish-speaking country. So that es_LAT seems useless for me. And what about
Spanish variant used in Philippines? :-)
But of course, this is fully decision of Spanish team... But when it is
discussed here...
Sincerely,
Vojtěch

--