Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:24:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2013-04-29 at 17:07 -0300, Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:
2013/4/29 Carlos E. R. <>:

Hi,

I want to see a test of this weblate on our workflow.

If it does not disrupt our workflow, yes, I'm game on that.

Which means that it must include methods to assign files by coordinators to people, lock, download, upload, work offline with the tool choosen by the translator (lokalize, kbabel, poedit, emacs...), etc. If it is a totally different workflow, meaning that I have to contribute strings on a webtoool online, then no.

It will be interesting to include other thinks like the translation of
zypper man pages (as we are the upstream of zypper and we only
translate its interface), another use case can be the openSUSE
documentation which is huge.

Yes, a GUI tool to translate man pages would be nice. I have translated a few, and I don't do it more often for lack of tools. LyX would be very nice if it worked.

As to documentation, some people are attempting it (the files are on vertaal). Hey, you are one of those people ;-)

- -- Cheers,