Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
  • From: "Gabriel [SGT]" <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:48:37 -0300
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Vít Pelčák <v.pelcak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thing is, that you should've been more public about this tool with
propper howto/wiki/whatever in place before.

Then it would be different storry. Nobody would come with sentence
"OK, I'm going to implement this".

Just compare accessibility of your tool with Weblate. Google returns
its webpage just in first entry found.
While for your tool, it was not so much. Then you cannot wonder that
basically nobody knows your tool and assumes there's none.

I can't help but feel insulted by this thread, everything I read is an
attack to the tool I developed.

The only reason for the existence of Vertaal was to provide a way to
organize a task, that otherwise, would be a mess. Vertaal born in
2009, replacing a previous tool also developed by me, named POAT.

A basic documentation for users exists
https://github.com/dahool/vertaal/wiki/User-Guide that's all (no, you
won't find it in google, all robots are disabled) It was meant for
openSUSE only, that's the reason it doesn't support (yet) git, and
because I don't want to host all the space required for git. I didn't
want to sell it for anything else but openSUSE.

I know someone created the project in transifex, so, there is another
tool too, why don't we use transifex instead (which for me is very
very similar of what I could see of weblate)

There was a suggestion to introduce weblate and move to git. I'm not
against that, the only thing I'm against it's the branch merging, if
that is optional, I'm good. I can't even stop wasting my money
maintaining the Vertaal VPS.

Of course, this is only my very personal opinion.

--
Kind Regards