Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:50:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2013-04-22 at 13:10 +0200, Michal Hrusecky wrote:
Karl Ove Hufthammer - 7:44 22.04.13 wrote:

In my experience handling translation suggestions in Launchpad, I will spend
much more time reading a suggestion and fixing/rewriting it than I would
translating the source string directly.

Simple, if you don't like it, ignore it and replace it with your own. If you
like it, just accept it. I don't see how it can take more time... Unless you
are forced to use web UI instead of your off-line tool of preference which
nobody is suggesting.

It really takes long time to verify translations if you want to do it right. You have to read it carefully and consider. If you do it fast you can skip a word mistake that you'd simply would not make if translating yourself.

If you know that the person that made the translation is good you can go fast. Otherwise...

- -- Cheers,