Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:44:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2013-04-22 at 13:12 +0200, Michal Hrusecky wrote:

And many teams do not need this type of collaboration, as the are
100% fully translated currently.

What about merging translations fixes in multiple branches? Upstream vs factory
vs released openSUSE, the other issue Tomas was trying to address... ;-)

We are upstream. We only translate the tools for which openSUSE is upstream, like yast. Nothing else.

All releases are translated, factory is not. I will not waste time translating factory till string freeze phase.

Fixing a released version translation needs an official update, and that takes some big moving. I can translate the strings in no time, but they will not get to the users unless it is something _really_ important. It needs permission from way above (Kulow?)

- -- Cheers,