Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 00:12:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Wednesday, 2013-04-10 at 18:53 +0200, Michal Hrusecky wrote:

vertaal requires svn, and it downloads and uploads, and other tasks, via
svn. If the repo changes to git, it has to be redesigned.

So it doesn't have any off-line mode and is hard tied to one particular version
control system? Sounds like a strange choice in application design...

Please ask Gabriel whether he can do it or not. :-|

I'll admit that I tried googling for that super cool tool you mentioned, this
'vertaal', but kinda failed, couldn't find it and I obviously have no
experience with it. Are there many translators using it? Are there some real
benefits over mainstream tools like Localize? Can you provide something more,
like url? I even tried searching in obs and couldn't find it...

Please document yourself about the tools we translators use here before starting to change all around. You can find ample references to vertaal in this same mail list archive.

It is not a translation tool, it is an organization tool.

IIRC, the sources were hosted as google project time ago. Now the report a bug points to github.

As I said, ask Gabriel.

- -- Cheers,