Re: [opensuse-translation] Managing SUSE translations in unified way
Carlos E. R. - 11:43 10.04.13 wrote:

On Wednesday, 2013-04-10 at 11:03 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

Of course, nothing it crafted in stone. We can switch repositories if
we see clear advantages. But, just some months ago, we switch from
berlios to svn.opensuse.org (after switching from novell.com to
berlios), and I do not feel comfortable to switch now again. There are
more than 100 accounts involved (these are mostly translators and
developers who would have to get used to the new location), written
documentation here and there, and quite some third party tools you are
not aware of.

Indeed.

Please consider our current tools, like vertaal, which several teams
depend on. It would break and have to be redesigned.

AFAIK all these tool should be able to handle .po files which can be otained
either via got or newly from web interface, so there should be no problem,
except that it will lower the barrier for newer contributors.

And git even supports real off-line usage which was mentioned in this
discussion several times ;-)

--
Michal Hrusecky <Michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>