Re: [opensuse-translation] Chit chat: "Please"
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Yes, I thought you would have a style guide of some sort, and that it changed.

Yes, there is a style guide, but the "please" issue was never explicitly
noted.

By the way, having a proofreader read the .pot files is a way to detect
typos and errors fast.

Yes, the proofreader always works on .pot files.

Annoying? It did not annoy me, I liked it. So "British" - at least the type
of British we are taught in language schools :-)

Yes, but it is a difference whether you as a human talk to human
beings. The computer is not expected to behave like a human being ;)

Some strings told to wait and have been removed. On a fast machine the wait
might be inexistent, on others you do have to wait. If there is no warning
about waiting, the user might be tempted to kill.

Yes, these advises to wait do not actually help. It it enough to state
things such as "This action may take a while." or better tell something
about what is actually going on and provide a good progress meter (oaf
course, sometime that's rather difficult).

R&D / Documentation Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg, Germany