Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-translation (32 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-translation] Release notes update
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 20:01:04 +0200
  • Message-id: <201008132001.04593.aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Friday 13 August 2010 19:48:48 Martin Schlander wrote:
Fredag den 13. august 2010 18:47:11 skrev Olav P.:
A while ago we were asked to translate revised Release Notes, which I
did.

Following this, I believe there was an official update of the release
notes which included these translations.

So far so good.

However, today there was another official update of the release notes,
which seems to have reversed the previous translations - i.e. in this
update it seems that my previous translations have been replaced with
English source text again.

My locale is nb.

Did anyone else experience this?

I hadn't paid attention, but now that I look I found this.

I have:
release-notes-openSUSE-11.3.7-0.1.1.noarch

Both the HTML version and the RTF versions are lacking translations
which are in 11.3 branch, and have been there for some weeks (since a
couple of days after Karl notified about the update).

And I also noticed that there are serious charset issues with the RTF
version. Not only DA is affected, DE is too, didn't check the rest.

That's bad ;-( .I'm not sure who screwed up but I suggest to open a
bugreport against Maintenance and ask to revoke the update for now and CC
Karl on it (ke@xxxxxxxxxx). Karl is on vacation and should be back on
Monday,

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE, aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}
Twitter: jaegerandi | Identica: jaegerandi
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272 A126
< Previous Next >