Re: [opensuse-translation] RELEASE-NOTES-openSUSE
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:02:28 +0100
Kálmán Kéménczy <kkemenczy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I've the gut feeling that you are right.  Unfortunately, I just finished
the update request.  I don't understand how I could overlook your
message :-(

Well I translated by my version. I wonder what other translators did...

Thinking about it again, I assume the text as written is fine. You'll
find a similar wording in mount(8)--maybe, we stole it from there:

relatime Update inode access times relative to modify or change
time. Access time is only updated if the previous access
time was earlier than the current modify or change
time. (Similar to noatime, but doesn't break mutt or other
applications that need to know if a file has been read
since the last time it was modified.)

IIRC, this addresses file modification ('chmod'-like operations) and
changes concerning the contents of a file. Or vice versa. Translation
is probably not that easy.

R&D / Documentation