Re: [opensuse-translation] Build 350 l10n regression
  • From: Kálmán Kéménczy <kkemenczy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:26:27 +0100
Is it a failure or missing of the "quick emergency packet change" process?
How could we prepare ourself to avoid that kind of issues in the future?
Or is it was too spacial case? I really don't know how it goes.

As Karl said in several mails, we need people not just to care about
statistics, but also about the coordination work and the packaging work.
I mean translating is hard work, but the work is not done when it's commited
to SVN.

So I want people to step up and take responsibility for other languages too.

I have asked several times, how can I/we help, I have posted several
ideas, but you are the one who see the processes inside. Give us a
clue what should we do to improve the process. I am more than happy if
I could help but I should know the details or what kind of tasks
should I/we do to improve this. That's why I have written my ideas but
we should fit into the system/processes.

Most of us are *just* translators (not developers) and we do what we
can: commit (sometimes this is much more than translation itself,
because we have to know about po/pot, merging, svn, commit). But
that's all what we know about openSUSE product translation process.

By the way, we are not talking about 100% of statistics, we are
talking about 4 big button on the screen of the most used yast module
which was already translated before. I do understand that we cannot do
a thing now (for 11.2) I just want to find out how we could we handle
this kind of situation next time.

Please help me/us to be able help.

thanks in advance
kalman