Re: [opensuse-translation] Build 350 l10n regression
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 08:57:33 +0100
Am Sat 07 Nov 2009 08:38:45 AM CET schrieb Kálmán Kéménczy <kkemenczy@xxxxxxxxx>:

I do understand that, but the bugs has not been corrected for the freeze.
Another main issues is the change of the gtk-yast between RC1 and RC2
that we could not follow.

Yes, this is unfortunately, but not that serious (IMO). The default
now is KDE, and we can fix the defect with an online update.

But deadlines could have been better communicated/reminded I think - I fear I
translated the release notes too late to make it on the media for offline
installations :-/

AFAIK, we do not ship translations of the RNs on the media at all.
They are always downloaded from the server (IIRC); maybe, this has been
changed lately--someone probably needs to investigate.

I just can't believe that we have not learnt it from the previous
releases. We walk in to the same trap again and again.
I am sorry but I am just little bit unhappy about it. I feel I put as
much effort that I could to l10n but it does not reflect in the final
product.

For sure, I'm one(?) of the bottle necks. But with the build service (BS)
all of you can prepare package updates and send submitreqs (sr) to
the project maintainers. There is some basic documentation in the wiki.
I admit, for soem packages that's not that easy, though.

I also would not mind if others would help with merging and/or communicating
dates to developers and translators.

I probably can work again on translation issues on Monday.

Cheers,
Karl