Re: [opensuse-translation] capitalization in translations
  • From: Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 18:15:41 +0200
Op zondag 11 mei 2008, schreef ¡ElCheVive!:
Hi all!

A have a question about the capitalization used in menus, etc. Is
there any restriction for us, translators, to use our own standard?
(eg. without capitalize the first letter - "Save As" -> "Save
as"(translated of course)).

I'm asking because I didn't found any recomendation for translators in
the openSUSE Style Guide and because we at Brazil are starting a
discution wich involve the translators of the major distros/programs
(KDE, GNOME, XFCE, openSUSE, Fedora, LDP, etc) about this theme.

Regards,

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti

In Dutch most translaters do not use the capitalization which is used in the
English version.
There are rules in our language where to use uppercase, most of our
translators obey these rules.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf