Re: [opensuse-translation] gnome-packagekit (Re: opensuseupdater-gnome: openSUSE 11.0 - POT file update wanted)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 03:25:22 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2008-04-24 at 19:59 -0500, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:

This would take months, and could not be coordinated.

I agree. I won't contact upstream myself for my team.

Me neither. I have my agenda full as it is, and joining the gnome team wouldn't be for a single file, for sure. Others might do, of course.

Another, much faster, approach would be:

- To merge the most recent translation (from cvs or whatever upstream) to
our file.
- Then translate the resulting file locally, by our teams.
- Someone from Novell mails (not submitting, mind!) the translations to
the gnome translation coordinator so that they use them if they like
them, or discard them if they don't.

Considering the translation round finishes at the end of April, this has
to be done now, or the file won't be translated before the deadline.

I don't even know where from we could get our respective languages .po files of the most recent version.

- -- Cheers,