Re: [opensuse-translation] yast2 split off from update-desktop-files
  • From: "Ladislav Michnovič" <ladislav.michnovic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:00:47 +0100

The Sunday 2008-03-16 at 09:49 +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Ok, I did a test.
>
> Thanks for checking!

Welcome. :-)

>> I commented out from the script the "split_chars" part, and added a
>> few calls to also create the .po files. It appears to work alright:
>
> I do not want to run the script on the PO files. I'd rather use the old
> and big update-desktop-files.LL.po as a compendium (translation memory)
> for initializing the new update-desktop-files.LL.po.

Why, wouldn't the .po files be reliable? I suppose a update-po phase would
clean out messages not related to the corresponding .pot file, and the
memory method will leave us with 7000 fuzzy messages to review.

I agree. Making probably all messages fuzzy wouldn't be a good idea.
Please use rather po file instead.
Regards Ladislav.

> I think I can work on this the next days.

Ok

- --
Cheers,