Re: [opensuse-translation] yast2 split off from update-desktop-files
  • From: "Ladislav Michnovič" <ladislav.michnovic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:25:03 +0100
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag 11 März 2008 schrieb Ladislav Michnovič:

Hello.

> Will there be yast2 entries split off from the huge
> update-desktop-files po file?
> This will help to have Yast2 translated and don't miss few of Yast
> entries because update-desktop-files is so huge and thus mainly
> untranslated.

Why you think yast is more important than the other applications in the file?

I don't think it's less important, but if you have one po file with
7562 strings where are approx. 3000 untranslated or fuzzy no one wants
to pick up and translate all of the strings, neither even touch it.
And I would have rather fully translated entries in YaST2 control
center than other entries in KDE/GNOME menu.
What do you think users will appreciate more?

Regards Ladislav.